Tuesday 8 October 2013



This film trailer is called Takers which was out in 2010 and features a range of popular celebrities such as T.I who is a rapper and Chris Brown who is a singer/rapper. These celebrities bring in a young audience and a large buzz about the film since they are well known and popular with a huge loyal fan base.  The trailer reminds me of Ocean 13 which is a very well known heist film with it's finesse. The trailer followers a  lot of heist film trailer conventions which I like and I feel may work well with my trailer. I like the way that sounds from objects are exaggerate for dramatic effect and the there are voice overs of different actors in the film.The use of the voice overs and shots help explain what the film is about allowing the audience to  understand a bit of the storyline.  I also like the way each shot is cut to cause a blackout when cutting to the next, this matches with the sudden dramatic sounds. One thing I really liked about the trailer was the way they introduce the actors in the film  by adding a shot of them with their name next to it and then it cuts to a shot of them in the film allowing us to understand the type of character they will be playing in the film.




This film is called The art of the steal and is another heist film trailer, this trailer is one of my favorite trailers which I have seen. The trailer is visual pleasing and exciting, and it features some of the conventional classic heist edits. There are a lot of things I liked about this trailer for one, the split screens which introduce different characters who are in different locations. The split screens add interest into the the trailer and I also like the transition used to cut from shot to shot.The captions which are presented next to a freeze frame of the character explaining their role in the film is very important to help the audience understand who's who in the trailer. The colour effects also add a bit of interest to the trailer and is a classic effect used in heist films. overall the trailer reminds me a lot of the oceans 13 trailer but with a modern look with the catching punchlines, split screens and upbeat music.

No comments:

Post a Comment